Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Breaking and Exiting

I am no police officer, and I probably don't want to know the answer to this question, but... is it illegal to exit a stadium after being locked in? I am pretty sure if you have to ask, it is.

After a couple hours of waiting for the Mizzou Tigers to finish up their practice, before being shellacked by Texas, we managed to enter the stadium and get onto the field for some amazingly cool shots of Jesse and Justin. I will drop a couple of them below so you can see what I am talking about. It is kind of a weird feeling being in an empty stadium like that. You can, surprisingly, hear a pin drop when all the sound is funnelled down to you at the 50 yard line. We started losing light pretty quickly so all you hear is click, click, click, CLANK... We stopped taking pictures long enough to laugh and comment on how that sounded exactly like a gate slamming shut. "Ha, Ha, Ha... surely not". A few more shots and we were out of there. Not so much. Trapped!! Trapped like caged animals. The damn security guards had locked us inside. I feel safer already about attending a Mizzou game in the future. Oh, yeah, right... caged animals... Instead of doing the sensible thing, like flagging someone down, calling the cops, or trying to reach campus security we decided the best thing to do would be to bust out by climbing around the gate along the wall with a 15 foot drop below us. Being the ever courageous gentlemen that we are, Justin and I decided it would be best for the girls to go first. They scaled up and out which left the most agile photographer in Missouri and his client in slick dress shoes hanging out behind the wall. We finally decided to bite the bullet instead of suffering the humiliation of sending the ladies to find help and save us. I opted to go first since it would be easier to find a replacement photographer than a replacement groom. While I am fairly certain I was slightly over the "weight to dangling photographer" ratio that was designed for that particular fence, I made it out alive and even went so far as to donate my shoes to the groom so he could make it out as well. I could not resist the temptation to stretch out his dress shoes as I waited for him to exit.



I hope this is the first of many adventures we have with J and J. They were very good sports and a lot of fun to work with. Maybe someday they will forgive us for turning them into common criminals and hoodlums.















No comments: